The Committed Athlete Program (CAP) is our highest program designed to provide select, high-performance golfers with a comprehensive and systematic approach to training, competing, skill improvement and personal development.
Taught by the regions’ top certified instructors including John Platt (2012 Illinois PGA Teacher of the Year & Former Lewis University Coach), Nicole Jeray (LPGA Professional and 24 Year LPGA tour veteran), Chris Ioriatti (PGA Professional and Certified Master Club Fitter), Dan Phillips (30 Years of experience in PGA Teaching & Player Development), Frank Hohenadel (2011 Illinois PGA Section Champion & Head Golf Professional), Andy Mickelson (2015 National PGA Assistant Championship & 2016 TaylorMade National Champion), as well as, additional Mistwood staff professionals.
Mistwood Performance Center - 4 Steps to Success
Golf mastery requires continuous feedback and training over time, both on and off the course. To achieve this, the coaches of the Committed Athlete Program utilize the "4 Steps to Success" process to help players transfer skills from the range to the course, make correct on-course decisions, and manage their thoughts, attention, and emotions under competition.
Step 1: Understanding Cause and Effect: Player and coach determine which skills are costing them the most, understand what they are doing wrong, and seek to identify what needs to be fixed.
Step 2: Supervised Practice: Player experiences a lot of supervised practice and a lot of repetition with feedback. Player is engaged in practice with the deliberate intention of improving their skills.
Step 3: Transfer Training: MPC Coach assists the player in exposing golf skills to conditions that simulate those that they would experience on the golf course under competition.
Step 4: Play: MPC Coach helps golfers better play the game using their existing skills while keeping score and getting out on the course.
Target Player Profiles suited for the CAP program:
- Top Vasity Tournament Players
- Players dedicated to improvement
- Active Members on high school teams (ideally varsity experience)
- Record of successful tournament play/improvement
- College bound or Aspiring college players
- High School coach referral
- November 30th through May 19th
- Mistwood Golf Dome / Mistwood Golf Club
- Tuesdays: 4:00-5:15, 5:30-6:45, 7:00-8:15 (8 to 2 player/coach groups)
- Thursdays: 4:15 – 5:45, 6:00 – 7:30 (group competition and benchmarking)
- Additional “On-Your-Own” weekly practice schedules
- Weekly player fitness plans