The Committed Athlete Program (CAP) is our highest program designed to provide select, high-performance golfers with a comprehensive and systematic approach to training, competing, skill improvement and personal development.
Taught by the regions’ top certified instructors including John Platt (2012 Illinois PGA Teacher of the Year & Former Lewis University Coach), Nicole Jeray (LPGA Professional and 24 Year LPGA tour veteran), Chris Ioriatti (PGA Professional and Certified Master Club Fitter), Frank Hohenadel (2011 Illinois PGA Section Champion & Head Golf Professional), Andy Mickelson (2015 National PGA Assistant Championship, 2016 TaylorMade National Champion, 2021 Illinois PGA Section Champion), as well as, additional Mistwood staff professionals.
Mistwood Performance Center - 4 Steps to Success
Golf mastery requires continuous feedback and training over time, both on and off the course. To achieve this, the coaches of the Committed Athlete Program utilize the "4 Steps to Success" process to help players transfer skills from the range to the course, make correct on-course decisions, and manage their thoughts, attention, and emotions under competition.
Step 1: Understanding Cause and Effect: Player and coach determine which skills are costing them the most, understand what they are doing wrong, and seek to identify what needs to be fixed.
Step 2: Supervised Practice: Player experiences a lot of supervised practice and a lot of repetition with feedback. Player is engaged in practice with the deliberate intention of improving their skills.
Step 3: Transfer Training: MPC Coach assists the player in exposing golf skills to conditions that simulate those that they would experience on the golf course under competition.
Step 4: Play: MPC Coach helps golfers better play the game using their existing skills while keeping score and getting out on the course.
Target Player Profiles suited for the CAP program:
- Varsity Tournament Players & active members on high school teams
- Players dedicated to improvement
- Record of successful tournament play/improvement
- College bound or aspiring college players
- High School coach referral
- November 29th through May 25th
- Mistwood Golf Dome / Mistwood Golf Club
- Tuesdays: 4:00-5:15, 5:30-6:45, 7:00-8:15 (8 to 2 player/coach groups)
- Thursdays: 4:15 – 5:45, 6:00 – 7:30 (group competition and benchmarking)
- April and May all sessions move outside to Mistwood Golf Club
- Additional “On-Your-Own” weekly practice
Program Cost: $3,250
Spaces are very limited and are by invitation only.
To join, all golfers must be approved by one of our CAP instructors.