The Mistwood Performance Center “Competitive Golfer Program” is a specialized training program for boys and girls interested in preparing for the competitive side of golf. This dynamic and comprehensive program enables young athletes to have fun while acquiring the necessary fundamentals and skills required to improve and excel in the sport. Participation in the Competitive Golfer Program also provides a developmental pathway into our nationally recognized, Committed Athlete Program (CAP) which is by invitation only.
Taught by the regions’ top certified instructors including John Platt (2012 Illinois PGA Teacher of the Year & Former Lewis University Coach), Nicole Jeray (LPGA Professional and 24 Year LPGA tour veteran), Chris Ioriatti (PGA Professional and Certified Master Club Fitter), Dan Phillips (30 Years of experience in PGA Teaching & Player Development), Frank Hohenadel (2011 Illinois PGA Section Champion & Head Golf Professional), Andy Mickelson (2015 National PGA Assistant Championship & 2016 TaylorMade National Champion), as well as, additional Mistwood staff professionals.
What to expect in the Competitive Golfer Program:
- To have fun!
- To improve as golfers, students, and people
- To learn to play the best golf both now and in the future
- To interact with other like-minded athletes and families
- Honest and open two-way communication and feedback
- Structured coaching, practice and guidance with a focus on core fundamentals; swing technique, fitness, short game proficiency, course management and mental skills training
- To learn how to play the game - etiquette, scoring, shot selection, event preparation, mental game skills, including strategy and tactics
- Complete support and commitment from the Mistwood Performance Center Staff
Supervised Group Training*
Group practice sessions every Wednesday (December-April) allowing the students to work with MPC Coaches and other golfers to improve his or her skills. The coaches, will structure the supervised practice with activities and competitions to increase the players skill, with the ultimate goal of teaching the student how to practice with a purpose.
*Wednesday 5:00-6:00pm (ages 7-11), 6:15-7:15pm (ages 12&Up), 7:30-8:30pm (advanced)
Saturday 8:00-9:00am (all ages)
*Class Times determined by age/ability
Discounted Individual Lessons for Students
Individual, one-on-one sessions for students to work with an MPC instructor on specific needs and address individual concerns. 20% off the full rate.
2019-2020 Program Benefits
Program members will receive premier pricing on club fitting & golf equipment. Mat time at Mistwood Golf Dome outside of class is 25% off (member pricing).
Program Starts Wednesday, December 4th so sign up today!